Can Tall People Ride Horses?

Friday, July 27, 2018
Hey there, Andy writing.

Have you ever if wondered can a tall people ride horses? What if happens if your horse is too small? Will my legs scrape the ground?

Well just a few short months into dating Morgan we had a date go terribly wrong. It was one of those dates where no matter what you do nothing goes to plan and at the end of the night I was so embarrassed.

I pride myself on having amazing dates and that night was anything but. So I told Morgan for our next date I was going to redeem myself. Our next date would be one we remembered forever.

I started looking for a great date idea. I searched the internet high and how looking for something legendary, until I finally found it. A place called "Callihan Adventure Trails" in the Blue Ridge Mountains.

We could drive up and ride their horses (with a guide) through some beautiful mountain trails. I did not tell Morgan what we were doing, just to be ready when I picked her up and to wear her outdoor shoes. 

"Surprise! We're going horseback riding!" Little did I know she had taken horseback riding lessons in middle school. She knew what she was doing. I had ridden a horse one or two times before but I had no idea what I was doing. The weather could not have been more perfect!

Our trail guides were kind and patient. They even gave me the largest horse they had! He was a BIG MAMA JAMMA but had a super gentle soul. He kinda moseyed around wherever he went. We had such a great time despite all my doubts on not having a jockey build. 

 Next on the list: Camels through the Sahara!


Have you ridden a horse? Were you worried about fitting like I was?
What other normal activities have you worried about fitting? Let us know!

Go Forth And Be Awesome!
~A

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing with the community of Tall Skinny People!

Search Our Blog

Search Through Our Posts

Back to Top